Yes, you may already know what happens when the characters meet, but you only find out about their backgrounds, their motives, their feelings when you read each story.
It also illustrates the misunderstandings that can happen when you only sees one side of a story. They even make it a large part of their academic pursuits, and I understand why. The implication that Evelyn and Brendan themselves might be Sir Gawan and Elowen reincarnated is less than subtle — but intentionally so.
- The Thorn and The Blossom: A Two-Sided Love Story - Feathered Quill.
- Examining Gender in A Doll House!
- Verses of Death and Salad!
- See a Problem?;
- 11 Riot.
- The Thorn and the Blossom: A Two-Sided Love Story.
The lesson I took away from this love story is that communication is key. Seeing them go through life is actually refreshingly realistic. And while I wanted them to just talk to each other, their motives for keeping certain things to themselves are understandable.
My favorite parts were the ones involving nature or mythology. Goss is fantastic at creating atmosphere and setting a scene with just a few words.
The Thorn and the Blossom by Theodora Goss: | coatranbenwhirl.tk: Books
Characterization is not the strongest part of this very short novel novella? The ending is left open, but hopeful.
I wish more publishers would do cool experimental stuff like that. Like Like. Notify me of new comments via email. Notify me of new posts via email. Rate this:.
The Thorn And The Blossom: A Two-sided Love Story
Like this: Like Loading Leave a Reply Cancel reply Enter your comment here Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:. Email Address never made public. Post to Cancel. And a uniquely crafted book that binds their stories forever.
- The Thorn and the Blossom (by Theodora Goss & Scott McKowen);
- Slices of Rhubarb Pie - A Collection of Short Stories.
- Lucky Falcon Mystery Teachers Resource Guide CD (Carter High Mysteries).
- Diet Simple: 195 Mental Tricks, Substitutions, Habits & Inspirations.
- END TIMES ACCORDING TO DANIEL.
- Writing For Men That Can Make You Rich: An Interview With Copywriting Expert, David Garfinkel!
It was almost as if they were the cursed lovers in the old book itself. When I was contacted to review The Thorn and the Blossom the design and description made me say "yes" immediately. So often I will read one POV in a book and wonder what the other main character is thinking.
- Victorian Yankees at Queen Victorias Court: American Encounters with Victoria and Albert.
- Bending the Spine: Review: The Thorn and the Blossom: A Two-Sided Love Story by Theodora Goss?
- Recent Posts;
I had never read an accordion-bound book before, it was a bit tricky to figure out how to hold at first. The slipcover that The Thorn and the Blossom is classically beautiful. Are they actually a part of the story? That is something you have to decide for yourself.